Monday, August 10, 2009

Altered Teabag Box




















I decided to clean up my craft desk & I rediscovered an empty Tetley teabag box. Now I love my cups of tea but it did take me awhile to remember WHY I had an empty teabag box on my desk....

Ahh!! that's right. I was impressed with the box itself, as it is a top opening self sealer.
I was going to pull it all apart to make a template but decided against it.

But what to do with it??
.... as it is the perfect height I can use it to store my loose Stampin' Write Markers in!!!

I decided I really didn't want a teabag box on my desk & I have all these lovely Stampin' Up! Designer Series papers ... my choice here is the Bella Blue papers. Using a couple of self adhesive (contraband!!) rhinestones & a small flower from the Pretties kit to add some "bling" I now have a practical & attractive storage solution. Even my husband is impressed :-)

If you can half decently wrap a boxed gift then you will find this an easy & pleasant craft activity. I'd love to see what others can 'alter' - perfect recycling!

I knew I drank so much tea for a reason... ha ha

1 comment:

A Vision Splendid said...

ooooh how lovely, Jen. That's a gret idea.